Oscar Isaac scores lead role in new Coen Bros. film 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
'Drive', 'Bourne Legacy' actor books his biggest role yet
Though you may not know him by name, you've no doubt seen Oscar Isaac in several recent films, including this year's "Drive" opposite Ryan Gosling, "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe in 2010 and the Zack Snyder passion project "Sucker Punch", which came out in March.
Isaac should receive a big boost in name recognition now, however, as it's being reported by Deadline that the actor has just booked the lead role in the new Joel and Ethan Coen film "Inside Llewyn Davis", which is set against the backdrop of the Greenwich Village folk music scene in the 1960s. The Coen Bros. penned the script and will direct, with production scheduled to start early next year in New York. It's being produced by Scott Rudin, though no domestic distributor has yet come on board.
The Bros.' last film,"True Grit" starring Jeff Bridges, grossed over $250 million worldwide and was nominated for ten Academy Awards.
Isaac will next be seen in Madonna's "W.E." and "The Bourne Legacy" opposite Jeremy Renner. The former film hits theaters on December 9th, while "Legacy" has been slated for release on August 3, 2012.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?