Chris Kattan is stuck in 'The Middle' with ABC
'Saturday Night Live' veteran joins Patricia Heaton in ABC comedy
"The Middle" features Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn as parents raising a middle-class family in the Midwest. Kattan will play Bob, a car salesman buddy of Heaton's Frankie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kattan guest starred in the pilot for "The Middle" and will be upped to regular status on the comedy, which will air on Wednesday nights at 8:30 on ABC starting on September 30.
Kattan spent roughly a decade on "Saturday Night Live" creating characters both wildly annoying and merely slightly annoying, following up his "SNL" run with movies including "A Night at the Roxbury" and "Corky Romano.
The next project for Kattan is IFC's "Bollywood Hero," in which he plays a fictionalized version of himself, traveling to India and trying to break into that country's film industry. The three-part "Bollywood Hero" will air August 6-8.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman