Chris Brown doesn't remember beating, is still in love with Rihanna
Watch: The pop singer makes his first television debut discussing the violent incident, repeats 'wow' often
A couple details will be revealed about Chris Brown in his televised interview on CNN's "Larry King Live" on Wednesday. For one, he doesn't remember beating up his then-girlfriend Rihanna and, two, he's still in love with her.
As the clip below reveals, Brown has little to say beyond "wow" when it comes to the police reports and the endless reiterations of his violent incident. "I just don't know what to think. It's just like, wow," Brown said.
When asked by King if he remembers hitting her, Brown just shakes his head. "It's crazy to me. I'm like, wow."
As for seeing the now-infamous photo of Rihanna's bruised and cut face, Brown sayshe's haunted. "When I look at it now, it's just like, wow, like, I can't believe that that actually happened."
Brown, dressed in a light blue sweater and matching blue bowtie, is flanked by his lawyer and his mother, the latter of which was shocked when Brown told her what had happened. She said he had never been violent before.
But that's not what Brown's probation report said. He and Rihanna had been involved in two other domestic violence disputes. Once, he shoved her into a wall after she slapped him, and once he broke the windows to a car after she and him had been in a fight inside it.
This marks the first time Brown has been interviewed on TV since the assault and subsequent court dates. He was sentenced to five years probation and six months of community service.
The assault in February occured right before both singers were scheduled to appear at the Grammy Awards, after a fight erupted when Rihanna found a text message on Brown's phone from a former lover.
In a YouTube post that looks like it was shot in, say, a publicist's office, Brown apologized for the "incident" and "what happened" in July. He declined to mentioned "what happened" is beating his girlfriend up.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When