CBS pilot has a little role for Mr. Big
Chris Noth and Christine Baranski join Julianna Margulies in CBS' 'The Good Wife'
Chris Noth will guest star in the pilot for CBS' "The Good Wife," while Emmy winner Christine Baranski has landed a regular role.
"The Good Wife" focuses on the wife (Julianna Margulies) of a politician who goes back to practicing law as a junior associate at a large Chicago law firm.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Baranski will play one of the firm's top litigators, while Noth will play a former DA who lands in jail after a sex scandal.
Noth is best know for his role as Detective Mike Logan, which he played on both "Law & Order" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," as well as his turn as Mr. Big in HBO's "Sex and the City" and its big screen incarnation.
Baranski, a five-time Emmy nominee and a winner for "Cybill," has most recently been seen guesting on "Ugly Betty" and "The Big Bang Theory."
In other CBS casting news, David Wilson Barnes will take one of the leads in the network's drama about a family of doctors. Last week The Hollywood Reporter called the pilot "The Eastmans," while this week they're calling it "Eastman's." Your guess is as good as ours.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard