'Captain America 2' sets release date for 2014
Sequel's story will pick up where 'The Avengers' ends
Marvel movie mania continues, as the revered company announced today that "Captain America 2" will hit theaters on April 4, 2014.
Once again, Chris Evans will play the Marvel hero in the The Walt Disney Studios production, which is close to choosing a director.
The sequel will pick up the character where the upcoming "Avengers" leaves off, as Cap (AKA Steve Rogers) continues to work with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and S.H.I.E.L.D., while struggling to adjust to the strange 21st Century.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
That's a long wait for Marvel fans, who will have "The Avengers" (May 4), "Iron Man 3" (May 3, 2013) and "Thor 2" (Nov. 15, 2013) to keep them busy in the mean time.
As of now, only a few key dates have been staked out for the summer of 2014. "Stretch Armstrong," set for April 11, is so far the only title "Cap 2" would have to worry about. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is set for May 2, with "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and "Transformers 4" both scheduled for June.
You can catch Cap, Fury, Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), and the rest of the gang in "The Avengers," opening May 4.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18