Michael Buble beats out 'New Moon' soundtrack on The Billboard 200
Flaming Lips get a high chart start with lower numbers
Michael Buble's "Crazy Love" tops The Billboard 200 for a second week in a row, beating out the much-anticipated "Twilight Saga: New Moon" soundtrack, released Friday, 203,000 to 115,000. Granted, this was the jazz singer's first full week of sales, and "New Moon" (at No. 2) was only on shelves for three days -- with pre-sales included -- as it was released early on Friday.
Still, it's a triumph for Buble, as this marks his second-best sales week.
Jay-Z's "Blueprint 3" climbs up 5-3 despite a 15% sales slip to 55,000. Barbra Streisand's "Love Is the Answer" sits at No. 4 (49,000, -34%), Miley Cyrus' "The Time of Our Lives" ascends 8-5 (40,000, -15%) and Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D." bounds up 23-6 (40,000, +56%). After an appearance on "Oprah" and the release of a new music video ("Fifteen"), Taylor Swift and her "Fearless" zoom up 17-7 (33,000, +7%).
The Flaming Lips score their best chart position ever, though it's not their best sales week. "Embryonic" debuts at No. 8 with 32,000. Their last album, "At War with the Mystics," began at No. 11 but with 48,000 in 2006.
Mario's "D.N.A." has a No. 9 start, also with around 32,000. His 2007 album "Go" only had a No. 21 bow, but sold 77,000 in its first week as it was released around the holidays.
Mariah Carey's "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" continues its descent 7-10, with 31,000 on a 43% sales decline.
Sales for the year are down 13% compared to last year. Sales this week are down 7% compared to the sales week last week.
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman