'Breaking Dawn' trailer will debut with 'Hunger Games'
Will 'Twilight' fans turn their affection to Katniss, Peeta and Gale?
In addition to a literary legacy, a strong female lead, handsome male stars and PG-13 action, "Twilight" fans have yet another reason to go see "Hunger Games" on opening weekend in March. The long-awaited trailer for the supernatural romance series' final film, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II" will debut in front of theatrical screenings of "Games."
With promotional effort focusing on both the film's fantasy action scenes and its young adult love triangle (Are Katniss and Peeta really falling for each other, or will she go back home to Gale?), Lionsgate is courting the same audience Summit so successfully did with the $1 billion "Twilight" franchise. The synergistic move comes as no surprise -- they recently announced a made-in-heaven merger.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The film, adapted from the first of three books by Suzanne Collins and directed by Gary Ross ("Seabiscuit"), also stars Woody Harrelson, Lenny Kravitz, Stanely Tucci, Elizabeth Banks and Donald Sutherland.
"Hunger Games" opens nationwide March 23.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
14 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!