'Breaking Dawn' and 'Cowboys & Aliens' confirmed for Comic-Con 2011
Will you be waiting all night to see the 'Twilight' trio?
No surprise to those in the know, but Comic-Con will once again host the celebrity trio of Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner. The stars of "The Twilight Saga" will once again host a panel at this year's 2011 Comic-Con in San Diego next month. Summit Entertainment has not released full details of their plans, but the appearance tied to the upcoming release of Bill Condon's "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1" will no doubt find thousands of fans lining up the night before for a chance to see Edward, Bella and Jacob in person.
The first "Twilight" panel in July of 2008 was the first sign of the power the franchise would weld at the box office. Surprising much of the media, fans of Stephenie Meyer's book camped out beginning at 11 PM the night before in order to ensure their chance at making it in. The reaction to the first appearance of Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner caused a "Beatles"-esque frenzy in the 6,000 seat Hall H, a reaction that has not been duplicated since. The cast returned for another raucous panel to support "New Moon" in 2009, but skipped last year's event. It's unclear whether the cast will return to push "Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2" next year so this, in theory, could be the last massive "Twilight" event at the con.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Last year, Favreau introduced Harrison Ford to Hall H and the legendary actor received a moving standing ovation. Ford had never appeared at Comic-Con before.
Additionally, the New York Times is reporting the cast of "The Expendables" will appear, no doubt announcing or promoting the expected sequel to last summer's action hit.
Look for more news on what big movies and TV shows will be at the Con this year as it breaks on HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed