Brad Pitt plans on producing a big screen 'Night Manager'
Another John Le Carre novel gets the cinematic treatment
Is Brad Pitt ready to play hooky as "The Night Manager"? Variety reports that at the moment, Pitt and his Plan B production company are only producing the movie adaptation of John Le Carre's 1993 novel for Paramount Pictures. However, you can bet that the Melrose studio wouldn't say "no" if Pitt decided to star in the thriller.
Le Carre's story centers on a manager of a European hotel who is recruited by secret agents to infiltrate the network of a dangerous international arms dealer.
The award-winning British espionage author has seen a number of his books brought to the big screen over the decades including "The Constant Gardener," "The Russia House," "The Tailor of Panama" and "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold."
Adapting "Manager" is Robert Edwards, a former intelligence officer during the Gulf War who wrote and direct the 2006 political satire "Land of the Blind."
Pitt's Plan B has three films set for release: Rebecca Miller's "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee," "The Tree of Life" and "The Time Traveler's Wife" starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. Out of the three, Pitt only starred in "Tree of Life." Will "Night Manager" make the cut? Expect the choice of director to significantly influence that decision down the road.
Are you the only one of your friends without a Wii? HitFix wants to give you a chance to win a Wii console player, a Flip digital camera or an iTunes gift card. Show us your entertainment know how and enter the Knowing movie contest& ;nbsp;today.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday