Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's 'Megamind' and 'Salt' make Comic-Con 2010 Thursday schedule
Highlights include 'Tron Legacy,' 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,' 'Red' 'The Expendables'
How big can one single day at Comic-Con become without the media friendly presence of "The Twilight Saga" stars? Well, if it means the debut of Brad Pitt and the return of Angelina Jolie to the massive Hall H that's pretty big. Not surprisingly, neither star is confirmed to appear at Comic-Con International 2010's just released Thursday schedule, but their films "Megamind" and "Salt" are. Here's a quick rundown of the Thursday movie presentation highlights including talent, times and location.
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Who: Will Ferrell and Tina Fey make their Comic-Con debuts as DreamWorks Animation shows footage from the super hero-themed film in 3-D.
Lowdown: It's still hazy whether Pitt will join his co-stars, but any chance to see Ferrell and Fey in front of a live audience makes this a must-see. Plus, the panel's moderator may be someone very familiar to HitFix readers.
Who: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Michael Sheen, Bruce Boxleitner, director Joe Kosinski and producers Sean Bailey and original "Tron" director Steven Lisberger. All moderated by Patton Oswalt.
Lowdown: New footage from "Tron Legacy" in 3D and the triumphant return of Oscar winner Jeff Bridges to Hall H (yeah, he was there last year, we know). Need we say more?
"Battle for Los Angeles" and "Salt"
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Who: Sony's dual presentation includes Michelle Rodriguez, Aaron Eckhart, producer Neal Moritz and director Jonahtan Liebesman from "Battle." Sony also promises "some very special guests" for "Salt."
Lowdown: If you thought you'd heard screams and a roar from the crowd when "Twilight" first appeared at the con, you've already forgotten the response Jolie received when she promoted "Tomb Raider" back in the day. Fingers crossed.
2:15 - 3:15
Who: Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Mary Louise Parker and Karl Urban discuss their new thriller based on the DC Comics graphic novel.
Lowdown: Get ready for some fun back and forth with the audience Q&A with Willis and Mirren on the podium.
Entertainment Weekly presents: Visionaires
3:30 - 4:30 PM
Who: J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon
Lowdown: An hourlong conversation between two of genre's most prolific and popular creators. Can they get through 60 minutes without providing details on "The Avengers," "Super 8" or "Star Trek 2"? We think not.
4:45 - 5:45 PM
Who: Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundren, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Terry Crews. Can we expect Bruce Willis to stop by as well?
Lowdown: Already receiving buzz across Hollywood as a great movie, Stallone brings his 80s action reunion tour to San Diego. Why do we think there will be more guest stars to provide the ultimate photo op?
"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"
Who: Director Edgar Wright, graphic novel author Bryan Lee O'Malley, Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong, Alison Pill, Mark Weber, Johnny Simmons, Kieran Culkin, Brandon Routh, Jason Schwartzman, MaeWhitman and Aubrey Plaza.
Lowdown: One of the most anticipated films of the summer gets the final slot of the day. Expect new footage from the Aug. 13 release and a rockin' Q&A.
Comic-Con International runs from July 21-25 at the San Diego Convention Center. Unfortunately, all passes are currently sold out.
Look for continuing updates on Comic-Con 2010 before and during the annual pop culture extravaganza on HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel