Box Office Fireworks: 'Transformers' continuing to edge 'Ice Age'
'Public Enemies' has a strong $10 million Friday
With Friday's results revealed, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is barely holding back "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" in the battle for the top spot in the July 4th Box Office derby.
After "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" had a strong opening on Wednesday and knocked "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" out of the top spot for the first time, the Michael Bay blockbuster made a comeback on Thursday. The robot extravaganza pulled in $11.5 million while "Ice Age" grossed $11.1 million. According to Box Office Mojo, Friday found "Transformers" winning yet again with $17.8 million while "Ice Abe" found $17 million. The third sequel in the animated franchise has grossed a stellar $41 million in three days. "Revenge of the Fallen" has already hit $268.7 million in only 10 days. As this point it seems "Revenge of the Fallen" will sneak by "Ice Age" with either grossing between $65-70 million over the 5-day holiday weekend.
Coming in third with its best day yet, was Michael Mann's "Public Enemies." The Johnny Depp/Christian Bale thriller did a strong $10.1 million for a three day cume of $25 million and is looking at a "whew" inducing $40 million for the 5-day for Universal Pictures.
Also noteworthy, with $198 million after Friday's take, "The Hangover" should cross the magic $200 million mark today. At this point, a total past $225 is not out of the question.
Look for more box office details on HitFix throughout the weekend.
News From Our Partners
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own