Black Eyed Peas going on hiatus; will.i.am plotting solo album?
And how do you feel about that?
The Black Eyed Peas did a little more than hint a hiatus was on the horizon during a show in England this week; and a Tweet from founder will.i.am confirms it.
Fergie told the crowd at Alton Towers in Staffordshire last week that their performance was the "last time we're going to be in England for a long time," though, "This isn't going to be the last time you'll see us."
"We want you to know that we love you and thank you for the support you've given from the beginning," reported NME.
Later on July 6, will.i.am decided to expand, referencing BEP's 2010 album "The Beginning," 2005's "Monkey Business" and 2009's "The E.N.D."
"The @BEP will take a break after the beginning... just like we did from monkey business to the e.n.d... but it doesn't mean we stop creating."
The hip-hop-pop troupe took a four year break after Fergie released her solo debut "The Duchess" in 2006.
And a hiatus may just be the ripe opportunity for will.i.am to release another solo album. Fergie told Hollyscoop back in May that he may be down for a follow-up to 2007's "Songs About Girls": the modest title "Black Einstein." No word yet from the producer/musician on progress or when to expect the set to drop.
BEP's only show (last show?) on schedule is in Madrid, on July 14.
News From Our Partners
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz