Beyonce named People's Most Beautiful Woman for 2012
Annual list also boasts Mad Men's Jessica Pare, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman
NEW YORK (AP) — People magazine has named Beyonce as the World's Most Beautiful Woman for 2012.
The 30-year-old singer tops the magazine's annual list of the "World's Most Beautiful" in a special double issue. The announcement was made Wednesday.
Commenting on her selection, Beyonce tells People: "I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this Earth."
Beyonce, who is married to rapper Jay-Z, gave birth to a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, in January.
"She's just the cutest thing," says the Grammy winner, who sings to her daughter and claims to "love" changing diapers.
Does Blue resemble mom or dad?
"She looks like Blue," the singer says. "She's her own person."
"The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy," she adds. "The word 'love' means something completely different now."
Other celebrities on the list include Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and Jessica Pare of "Mad Men."
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain