Ben Kingsley going to war in 'Ender's Game'
Oscar winner reuniting with his 'Hugo' star Asa Butterfield
Sir Ben Kingsley is in talks to join Odd Lot's adaptation of Orson Scott Card's classic SF novel "Ender's Game."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Oscar winner ("Gandhi") will reunite with his "Hugo" co-star Asa Butterfield in the film, which will also star "True Grit" ingenue Hailee Steinfeld. Additionally, there was talk last week that Harrison Ford was circling the film.
Kingsley will take on the role of an aged war hero, who was long-thought dead.
The film is being written and directed by Gavin Hood ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine"). Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci ("Transformers," "Star Trek") are producing with Odd Lot's Gigi Pritzker and Linda McDonough. They're hoping to start shooting in February.
Kingsley can currently be seen in Martin Scorsese's "Hugo," and will soon appear in "A Common Man" and in Sacha Baron Cohen's "The Dictator."
What do you think of the film's cast so far? Is it faithful to Card's novels?
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures