'Battlestar Galactica' heading to BBC America
Channel will air all four seasons of hit Syfy show starring Katee Sackhoff, Grace Park
Looks like those frakkin' toasters were right when they said "All this has happened before and all this will happen again."
Get ready to re-live the whole "Battlestar Galactica" experience, as BBC American has just announced it will be airing all 80 hours of the hit Sci Fi Channel show.
The original miniseries, plus all four seasons of the hit show's run will join the channel’s Supernatural Saturday line up starting Saturday, June 18, at 7:00pm ET/PT. The spin-off movies "Razor" and "The Plan," not to mention the short-lived "Caprica" series, don't seem to be a part of the deal.
In case you missed it, and be sure to order BBC America if you did, "Battlestar" is a re-imagining of the 1970s show, where the last remaining human survivors of a galaxy-wide genocide ban together to find at new home ("Earth") while being pursued by their robotic Cylon attackers. As the show progresses, the humans, led by Admiral Adama (Edward James Olmos) and the Galactica crew, discover they may have misunderstood their enemies, their motives, and their connection to them.
The show also stars Katee Sackhoff ("24"), Mary McDonnell ("Independence Day," "Scream 4"), James Callis ("Eureka"), former model/playmate Tricia Helfer, Grace Park (the new "Hawaii 5-0") and Jamie Bamber ("Dollhouse").
The re-imagining was developed by David Eick and Ronald D. Moore.
Meanwhile, new stories from the "Battlestar" universe will unfold in the upcoming "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome" pilot, in which Luke Pasqualino (the U.K. "Skins") will play a young Adama during the first Cylon War. Adama butts heads with his superior officer, Coker Ben Cotton ("Hellcats"), before they bond on a dangerous mission in Cylon territory. Lili Bordan ("Silent Witness") plays Dr. Beka Kelly, a researcher who had a hand in creating the Cylons.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H