Are 'The Avengers' on their way to San Diego Comic-Con?
Marvel reps issue 'no comment' over reports Mark Ruffalo is officially Bruce Banner
Marvel may end the movie portion of San Diego's Comic-Con with the official debut with Earth's Mightest Heroes. A report this afternoon indicated the long rumored recruitment of Mark Ruffalo to play Bruce Banner, also known as The Incredible Hulk, in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" was close to being finalized. HitFix contacted Marvel Studios' reps who issued a "no comment" to the signing.
Ruffalo would replace Edward Norton who played Banner in 2008's "The Incredible Hulk." The two parties had quite a following out that was chronicled exclusively on HitFix almost two weeks ago.
Rumors have been flying that Marvel wanted Ruffalo signed so he could appear on stage alongside the rest of "The Avengers," during the company's "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avengers" panel Saturday evening. With Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Chris Evans (Captain America) already in attendance, only Robert Downey, Jr. (Iron Man), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), possibly Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and Ruffalo would be needed to have the entire super hero team appear on stage. Neither Marvel or distributor Paramount Pictures have confirmed that is the plan.
Look for continuing coverage of this story including interviews with the cast of "Thor" tomorrow and Sunday on HitFIx.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Demi Lovato Is Thrilled That Her Voice Is Finally Being Heard on Radio [Video] One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig