Arcade Fire announces new album, 'The Suburbs,' due August
Band speaks from its website, plus check out the cover art
Arcade Fire has announced that it's new set will be dubbed "The Suburbs" and will arrive on Aug. 3 this year. Recorded in the rock act's hometown Montreal as well as in New York, it was co-produced by Arcade Fire and Markus Dravs, who's produced and contributed works from artists like Brian Eno, Bjork and Coldplay.
"The Suburbs" is the Grammy Award-nominated group's third full-length, after 2004's "Funeral" and 2007's "Neon Bible" and it arrives in the U.S. on its longtime label home Merge and on Sonovox -- the band's own label -- in Canada.
Though no tracklist is yet available, "The Suburbs" and "Month of May" are surely making the cut; those tracks arrived yesterday after being "discovered" in a Glasgow record store and then broadcast and bootlegged around the world.
The limited 12" release of the double A-side "Suburbs" single will be released today in record stores, though those who purchase via the band's website will get an immediate download of both.
Of the vinyl release, the band spoke out in a handwritten note on its site: "We didn't press that many copies of the single, and we sent most of them to independent record stores. So I would check with them if you want to buy it." Then signed it "Arkady Fireovitch."
The album is also up for pre-sale, as well.
The seven-piece band is headlining Lollapalooza here in the 'States this summer and at the Reading and Leeds Festivals overseas. More tour dates are to be announced
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed