'Apollo 18' moved to next January as Weinstein Company sets release dates
'Piranha' sequel pushed back to Thanksgiving, 'Our Idiot Brother' date set
The Weinstein Company has set (and shuffled) the release dates for some of their upcoming high-profile films. Most interestingly, "Apollo 18," which was scheduled to come out in less than a month, has been seemingly dumped by moving it to next January.
The "found footage" sci-fi thriller "Apollo 18" was set to open April 22 has been moved to Jan. 6, 2012. Releases on that weekend over the past few years have included such underperformers as "Daybreakers," "Youth in Revolt," "Leap Year," "The Unborn," "Bride Wars" and "Season of the Witch." But don't be surprised if "Apollo 18" moves off that date. The company seems to have more confidence in it than you'd assume.
Among the other announcements is that the just-wrapped "I Don't Know How She Does It," starring Christina Hendricks ("Mad Men"), Olivia Munn ("Daily Show") and Pierce Brosnan, will open wide on Sept. 16, 2011.
Meanwhile, Sundance acquisition "Our Idiot Brother" (reviewed here as "My Idiot Brother") will hit screens on August 26, 2011. The film stars Paul Rudd ("I Love You, Man") and "(500) Days of Summer's" Zooey Deschanel.
Finally, the Dimension sequel "Piranha 3DD" was moved from Sept. 16 to the more ambitious Nov. 23, 2011, during the crowded Thanksgiving weekend where it will compete with Disney's "The Muppets," Martin Scorsese's 3D "The Invention of Hugo Cabret," and Sony's animated "Arthur Christmas."
Watch the creepy "Apollo 18" trailer here.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer