Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro are ready to 'Fock' again in 'Little Fockers'
Owen Wilson would get an expanded role in second 'Parents' sequel
You just can't keep a good Fock down.
Universal Pictures is keen on finally bringing the long-rumored second installment of the "Meet the Parents" franchise to gestation. The first Ben Stiller/Rober DeNiro comedy spawned 2004's "Meet the Fockers" and now "Little Fockers" is in the works.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Stiller, De Niro and Owen Wilson (who would have an expanded role) are all in negotiations to return. Unclear is whether Barbara Streisand and Dustin Hoffman, who were the stunt casting in "Meet the Fockers," would also reprise their roles as the bizarrely liberal parents of Greg Focker (Ben Stiller). However, it's safe to assume Teri Polo, as Greg's wife Pam, and Blythe Danner, as Pam's mom, can fit it into their schedule.
After years of trying to get the project off the ground, the studio has finally found the right mix in writer John Hamburg, who completed drafts on the first two installments and co-wrote and directed the upcoming "I Love You, Man," the search is on for a top flight comedy director to shepherd the project. Jay Roach, who helmed the earlier films, has already committed to the DreamWorks flick "Dinner for Schmucks" which Paul Rudd is circling and is therefore unavailable. The trade paper sites a number of candidates to step into Roach's shoes including "In Good Company's" Paul Weitz, "Role Models'" David Wain and "Yes Man's" Peyton Reed.
And as for the plot, if it isn't obvious enough, a baby for Pam and Greg complicate their relationship with her still difficult father (De Niro).
Production is expected to begin late summer or early fall.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?