Alicia Keys parts ways with manager to manage herself
R&B/pop singer in the midst of a sea change
Alicia Keys is obviously in the middle of a number of life changes. The singer has a baby on the way with fiancee Swizz Beatz, and the pair expect to get married later in the year. She just recently ceased touring behind her "The Element of Freedom" album but is slated to play New York's Black Ball with Jay-Z and Sade.
With respect to business, Keys has made yet another adjustment: she and longtime manager Jeff Robinson have parted ways, with the 29-year-old singer taking up the reins for herself.
A joint statement read "This decision will allow Alicia more control over all aspects of her career from singing and songwriting, to leading many business ventures and social causes," mentioning that the singer's AK Worldwide will now be handling matters of touring, licensing, television appearances and marketing/business development.
MBK Entertainment, her former company, will now be developing rising artists like Gabi Wilson and Elle Varner.
Parting was "mutually agreed upon and amicable." Robinson had worked with Keys for more than 10 years.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart