Adele releasing concert CD/DVD, 'Live from Royal Albert Hall'
Singer continues to recover from throat problems
Adele has yet to bounce back from ongoing throat problems, but fans will have something new to listen to by the year's end. "Live At The Royal Albert Hall" is the British singer's first concert CD/DVD collection, to drop on Nov. 29 via XL/Columbia.
The video portion -- to be available on Blu-Ray and DVD -- includes the full 90 minutes of her Sept. 22 performance at the beloved London theater, plus some behind-the-scenes footage of the day leading up to the concert. The 17 songs on the CD have a mix of songs from chart-topping "21" and her debut "19," as well as two covers: Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" and the Steeldrivers' "If It Hadn't Been For Love." Love abounds.
This may be the only dose of live music Adele-lovers can expect for the rest of the year, as the 23-year-old continues to suffer from a hemorrhaged vocal cord. She postponed 10 live dates in the U.S. this month and had to bow out of the Q Awards earlier this week.
"the fact is i have never been able to fully recover from any of the problems that ive had and then continue to rest even once im recovered, because of my touring commitments. ive been offered the chance to not tour at all to save anything like this from happening again, but i simply hate letting you down," she penned on her website early this month. "i will be back and im gonna smash the ball out the park once im touring again. i apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely i do."
Her "21" continues to crown the Billboard 200 this week for a 13th non-consecutive week.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell