Adele may or may not be recording the theme song for the new James Bond installment
Soul singer accidentally hints at the prospect on the Jonathan Ross Show
During an appearance on the Jonathan Ross Show in the U.K. over the weekend, bubbly British singer/songwriter Adele told the talk show host she would be returning to the studio in November to record a "theme", leading Ross to begin humming the iconic James Bond music.
The songstress laughed loudly and then quickly denied the association with the latest installment in the franchise (working title "Bond 23")...except that her uncomfortable body language afterward indicated Ross might perhaps be on to something.
You can watch the video below to decide for yourself (the moment occurs right around the 7-minute mark):
Based on Adele's reaction I'd say the chances are good that Ross was correct, but there's of course no way to be certain. She certainly has the stardom now to be tapped for such a gig. If it is true, she'd be the latest in a long line of prestigious artists including Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, and Madonna to record the theme song for a Bond film.
The Sam Mendes-directed "Bond 23", starring Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Javier Bardem, and Judi Dench, is scheduled for release on November 9, 2012.
Adele's album "21" has so far sold over 3 million copies in the U.S.
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'