Adele conquers Lady Gaga to retake the Billboard 200
'The Book of Mormon' has a huge comeback; Tech N9ne, Ronnie Dunn bow big
Adele’s “21” returns to the top of The Billboard 200 for a 10th non-consecutive week, toppling Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” after only two weeks at No. 1. The British singer’s set moved No. 2 to No. 1 and sold 114,000 (a sales decrease of 5%). Mother Monster’s moved 100,000 (-42%).
The original Broadway cast recording of “The Book of Mormon” crashes back onto the chart at No. 3 with 61,000 copies (+2,116%) after the musical took home nine Tony Awards on Sunday. That makes it the highest charting Broadway cast album since 1969, when “Hair” took the summit for 13 weeks and the biggest sales week since Nielsen started tracking sales data in 1991. The musical – created by “South Park’s” Try Parker and Matt Stone and “Avenue Q” co-writer Rob Lopez -- was initially sold digital-only three weeks ago (and it landed at No. 31) and went physical on June 7 in time for the awards show. It was off of the chart before this previous week.
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child