Adele and Green Day both head back into the studio
British singer's hiatus is shorter than we thought
The beleaguered music biz can breathe a small sigh of relief: Two of the new millennium's biggest sellers are currently prepping new albums.
Just a few days after owning the Grammys, British songstress Adele is heading back to the studio, to work on the follow-up to her mega-seller "21."
Although she had previously stated that she planned on taking a few years off before recording and touring again, Adele revealed that that break may be shorter than we thought. She wrote on her blog, "I’ve a few days off now, and then it’s the Brit Awards here at home and then I’m straight into the studio. BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!"
Meanwhile, Bay Are pop-punk icons Green Day have revealed that they're currently recording a follow-up to the Grammy-winning 2009 album "21st Century Breakdown."
Singer Billie Joe Armstrong celebrated Valentine's Day by tweeting, "Happy Valentine's Day! Officially started recording the new record today. It's F**K TIME!!!!" Um, okay.
Unlike the rock opera grandeur of "Breakdown" and their mammoth "American Idiot," Green Day's upcoming album is said to be an attempt to go back to basics. The new tunes that Armstrong and bandmates Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt have unveiled at recent live dates seem to confirm the tonal shift. The faster, more aggressive songs include titles such as "Wow, That's Loud,'" "Make Out Party" and "Carpe Diem."
The highly-anticipated set will be Green Day's ninth studio album, although no release date has been set.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
over 1 year ago
over 1 year ago
|Discuss Gear Talk on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy