ABC Family cancels 'Kyle XY,' renews 'Greek'
Net also orders series for '10 Things I Hate About You'
ABC Family made some big lineup moves on Friday (Jan. 30) night, ordering three new shows, renewing two others and canceling one of the network's highest profile shows.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC Family has renewed "Greek" for a third season and the critically acclaimed "Lincoln Heights" for a fourth season. Both shows have been picked up for 10 episodes.
The future is also looking good, not-so-surprisingly, for "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." ABC Family's smash hit drama is expected to be renewed, though sides are still discussing the length of the order.
Things are bleak, however, for "Kyle XY." The highly regarded sci-fi mystery has reportedly been cancelled after three seasons. The third season premiered only two weeks ago. No reason was given for the cancellation.
Based on the movie of the same name (the Hollywood Reporter doesn't care to mention "Taming of the Shrew"), "10 Things I Hate About You" focuses on the Stratford Sisters, independent-minded Kate (Lindsey Shaw) and social butterfly Bianca (Meaghan Jette Martin).
"Ruby" stars Patrick Cassidy as a former teen idol living incognito with his wife and sons. When his brother and former bandmate (David Cassidy) shows up in town with his daughter (Alexa Vega), everything becomes complicated.
And "Perfect 10" focuses on a group of teenage Olympic gymnastic hopefuls.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman