'Gossip' girl joining 'Cavegirl' clan
Taylor Momsen and Jacob Zachar may join 'Cavegirl' cast
Backed by the U.K. Film Council, the $6 million "Cavegirl" is based on the TV series "Cavegirl," which The Hollywood Reporter somewhat bizarrely refers to as a "1980s BBC series," even though it premiered in 2002.
Danny Peacock, who created the British original, will direct the big screen "Cavegirl," which examines the life of a teenage cavegirl as a meditation on life for contemporary teens. The "Flintstones"-style comedy was full of post-modern touches and anachronisms and the trade paper says that Robin and Barry Gibb may write music for the remake.
Thora Birch is already set to star in "Cavegirl." Production on the film will begin in April in South Africa.
Momsen, best known currently for playing Jenny Humphrey on The CW's "Gossip Girl," has big screen credits including "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and "Paranoid Park."
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures